Smarter Uniforms aims to provide every school across Brighton and Hove with a low-cost school uniform reuse service.
By partnering with Smarter Uniforms, we aim to:
• Save money for families and parents
• Reduce textile waste across the city
• Fundraise for local schools
• Provide free school uniforms to families in financial need
• Protect our planet's precious resources for future generations
• Educate the community about the benefits of buying second hand and reducing textile waste
• Bring the community together and share the love
To help busy schools achieve our mutual aims, the school partnership package includes:
• Free collection boxes for uniform donations
• Communications packages for parents to explain uniform reuse benefits and to inspire participation
• Events support to run at-school events for uniform donations, sales and education
• Educational workshops and resources about sustainability and textile supply chains (suitable for students or teachers)
• Fundraised income from the profits of uniform resales
Changes to School Uniform Policy
Smarter Uniforms has also identified a number of areas where uniform policy can be changed to prevent good quality uniforms from going to waste. Schools looking to make changes to their uniform policy are invited to get in touch, so we can share our experiences and help ensure that any changes do not create more waste or a higher financial burden on families.
Since starting in 2017 Smarter Uniforms has raised over £5,000 for our partner schools and diverted tonnes of waste from landfill. Check out some more amazing impacts.